Dear Parents Date: 2074/05/01
With the assumption and hope that you are already well known about the 'SUPER HERO READING AWARD' which we have been granting to the students as a merit certificate for the great deal of reading that they carry besides their school's regular assignments we are hereby providing you the criterias based upon which we judge the reading skills of your ward and select them for the award.
Criteria for selection of SUPER HERO READING AWARD:
• The child has to read both English and Nepali books.
• The parents are requested to sign in their child's reading record mandatorily.
• Any novels, books, magazines, articles, newspaper, web articles or texts can be
read as a reference except for the child's text books that have been provided by
• The students with the high number of books reading record will be selected for the
viva conducted for the award.
• The judging of students through the viva will be done on the basis of: content
knowledge, confidence in expression, theme of the text, oral reading of the text
and as well as their level of answers.
• Two person; one representing English Department and another representing
Nepali Department will take their viva for about 5 minutes each.
• The child has to be able to read the recorded book well i.e. must have good reading
• Any additional record added after collection of reading data will not be considered
• The child must be able to produce a reasonable answer to the queries of the
• The book that the child reads must not be below the level of the child. If found so
the book will not be counted in the process of selection.
• During the time of viva the child must be present with the books as mentioned in
his reading record.
• The decision made by the selection committee will be final.
• The final results of the winning candidate will be announced on the 20th of every
month. If incase it happens to be a public holiday or Saturday the day can be
postponed till 22nd of every month.